Rules & Regulations
The management of the affairs of the society shall vest in the Governing Body. The Governing Body shall consist of not less than 8 (Eight) and not more than 10 (Ten) members who shall be elected by the members of the society. Secret Ballot shall be the mode of election.
- The Governing Body Members: The members of the Governing Body shall hold office for a term of 3 years from the dates of their appointment and shall be eligible for re-appointment. Unless otherwise decided by the Governing Body, a member of the Governing Body shall continue to be in the office after the expiry of his term until his successor has been appointed.
- Vacancy in Governing Body: In case a member of the Governing Body resigns, dies, ceases to be a member or vacates office otherwise, the vacancy may be filled in by the Governing Body by nomination for the balance term.
- Powers of the Governing Body: Without prejudice to the generality of the powers of the Governing Body to do such things as it may consider necessary or shall be expedient for the purpose of carrying out the objects of the society, the governing body exercise the following powers.
- Meeting of the Governing Body: The Governing Body shall meet as and when a meeting is convened by the President or is requisitioned by at least 2/3rd members of the Governing Body provided that it shall meet at least once in a calendar year.
- Notice for Meeting: At least 30 days’ notice shall be given for a meeting of the Governing Body, but a meeting may be called by the President without any notice in case of exigencies.
- Quorum for Meeting: 2/3rd members of the Governing Body personally present shall form the quorum for a meeting of the Governing Body.
- Decision: The Governing Body shall take decisions by a vote of the majority. Every member shall have one vote and in case of a tie, the President of the meeting shall also have a casting vote.
- Resolution by Circulation: A resolution by the majority of the members of the Governing Body after circulation amongst the entire member for the time being in India, shall be an effective and binding as resolution passed at a meeting of the Governing Body.
Members of Governing Body